Hostel / PG
A hostel or a paying guest accommodation is a cheaper alternative to staying in a hotel especially when the stay is for an extended period of time. Hotels charge on a per-day basis, whereas hostels and paying guest accommodation (PG) charge per month. These work out economically when accommodations for long durations of stay are needed. Moreover, these are generally useful for college students, working professionals, temporary migrants, and project managers who must stay in another city or location for their limited duration of the project.
A typical hostel or PG consists of a set of rooms, each room having a varying number of beds. Depending on the availability and facility, they would generally charge the rent based on the number of beds. All these beds may be distributed in different rooms either as one bed, two beds, three beds, or more, depending on the structure of the facility or building. Hence, they advertise as a single or private room, twin sharing, triple sharing, or multiple sharing accommodations.
There could be a single hostel or PG at one location, or it could be a chain of hostels at multiple locations. In either scenario, they should be managed well. A typical hostel consists of a set of beds distributed in a few rooms, amenities, and support services. All of these must be efficiently managed while simultaneously managing the various tenants who stay in the hostel. Read on to understand the issues faced and how we solved them with our Software as a service (SAAS) approach. For a demo, connect with us via the various means to contact us including Facebook and Linkedin.
Although a hostel is a viable and lucrative business, managing it effectively is a pain if not done well. There are several challenges associated with running a PG accommodation. Some of these are listed below:
- Managing and monitoring the inventory of beds and rooms.
- Managing the tenants.
- Tracking deposit and rent payments, overdue and pending payments, other receivables, and payables.
- Vendor management for different support services and amenities.
- Communicating with the tenants via notifications, announcements, etc.
Conventional methods require hostel receptionists to keep different bulky registers that are manually maintained. Some of them maintain records using advanced conventional methods such as excel sheets and word documents. However, these only simplify the manual efforts involved to a certain extent. Effective tracking, monitoring, and maintenance is still an issue that needs to be addressed.
We recognize and appreciate these challenges and have developed an effective PG management system or hostel management system to address these. Some of the features of our solution are listed below.
- A dashboard that shows the current status of the PG occupancy briefly.
- Effective management and maintenance of the beds, tenants, amenities, support services, and their providers, payment modes, and users.
- Management of amenities such as check-ins and check-outs, rent paid and payable, food coupons, penalties, assets, etc. for the tenants.
- Transaction and expense tracking and management.
- An additional shop module to track and manage rent received and receivable, electricity and other utility bills paid and payable is one of our major USP.
These are some of the top features of our PG management solution or hostel management solution to address the common issues and challenges faced by PG or hostel owners. Our system can be easily tailored as per your requirements to implement a viable, reliable, and scalable system to efficiently manage your hostel or PG accommodation facility. Whether you have a single location or multiple locations spread across geographies, our software system model can be customized and scaled to manage your business. For more details and a demo, connect with us via the various means to contact us.